Wednesday, March 12, 2008

project 4 max midi machine

A clip of the music played by my MaxMSP patch. Basically, a series of makenotes play a cadence, each note repeated with a varying metro time. Two high pitch notes and one low pitch note are controlled by bendin and a modulation wheel on the PC-70, altering pitch. A video plays, looping a dolphin jumping out of the water. Blue bubbles add to the look of the program. I started with the makenote patches. Each color marks a note: violet/eggplant for E, green for G, and cyan for C. I managed to add the bendin into the program, and a video which will loop. I originally had a drum loop playing, but due to readin problems, I removed it. The soundclip includes the Asian drum loop. I felt frustration making this program, it's tricky getting everything to work, but I was satisfied with the end results. I am happy with the notes, I love the sound of the piano. I didn't have a specific concept in mind when I started, but the sounds of the cadence, and the dolphin video gave me feelings of playfulness, so I worked with that. Hopefully that shows through.

link to patch:
http://ia341012.us.archive.org/0/items/MaeganPlayfulpatch/maeganPATCHfintext




No comments: